Friday, March 17, 2017

Where is this made? 
Companies are counting on you to NOT ask that question or care. They don't want you to understand the secret to their record profits. Most companies have moved their manufacturing overseas but they STILL CHARGE YOU as if it was made in the USA or Europe. Their profits are through the roof and our economy and jobs are suffering. Vote with your wallet! Pay attention! YES, you can still find great stuff made in the USA and Europe. It just takes a little more effort.
Again, you are not paying more... for example. I went to go buy a pair of hiking boots. I started at REI and they seemed clueless of what was made in China or not. 95% of their stuff was from China so I left. For THE SAME PRICE I found great boots made in Europe. Sadly, I found none made in the USA. Canada still does have a few manufacturers. So if you are looking for some walking/trekking boots don't go for Merrell, Keen, Salomon. For the same price and higher quality look for Lowa, Asolo, Boreal. I had never heard of these brands but I ended up loving several pairs of these shoes. Ultimately the ones I got were the Lowa's the MOST comfortable walking shoe ever. (Yes, I did try on the made in China to compare) 
Feathered Friends next to REI carries these brands and to be fair REI Does carry some Lowa and Asolo just not the styles I wanted.
Try to buy in small boutique stores whenever possible to keep our local economy going. It makes a difference. Support your community. Buy local and made in USA whenever possible.
In the end not only should we buy locally made and sourced but better quality and less...our planet and economy would thank us.
Just have some awareness that every dollar you spend is a real vote and can make a big difference. If people started insisting on buying made in the USA products manufacturing would return to this country immediately...but at this point we are saying don't notice and...we don't care. 
Before you buy ANYTHING see where it was made. It doesn't have to stop you but just be aware. I just bought all my appliance made in the USA. Help Stop the China craziness...it's hurting us more than we realize and all you have to do is pay attention and ask. 
Where is this made?

No comments:

Post a Comment